The membership process may seem a little daunting. We promise that it’s not. It’s three organizations, all has to do with insurance, and we’ll help you glide right through it.
- All skaters must join FMSSC as a full member after their 4th session.
- All skaters must join the Middle Atlantic Speedskating Association (MASA), our regional association, even if just trying the sport out. Good news, though: first year is free.
- All skaters must join US Speedskating (USS) as well, even if just trying it out. Good news again: first time skaters, there’s a $1 / 1 day pass.
In order to make the most of the session, we need to be ready to put the mats on as soon as the Zamboni is done and get them off timely at the end of the session. This will require all to help. Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to help with moving mats, obtaining your skates and/or help with paperwork. If you arrive late, we may not be able to help you as we want to be on the ice and skate too!
We are aware that dues have increased substantially over the past few years – this is primarily due to increased ice costs but also additional sessions. Carole Moore or Glenn Corso are happy to speak if you’d like further details.
- 1st session is free!
- 2nd and 3rd sessions are $30 per session for adults and $20 per session for Juniors (17 and under).
- 4th time skaters must become full members.
- Our Season Membership Plans are:
- Adult = $1050 (2 sessions a week) / $625 (1 session a week)
- Junior (17 & under) = $775 (2 sessions a week.) / $475 (1 session week)
Fees for MASA:
- 1st time skaters get a first year free.
- Individual registration is $25.
- Family registration (2+ skaters) is $50.
Fees for US Speedskating:
- $1 / 1 day pass, which may be purchased up to 5 times.
- $10 for temporary 2 month trial membership (not valid for competition of any sort).
- $30 for full 1st year competing membership.
- $75 for returning competing member, $55 if under 10 years of age. Family cap of $200. Competing membership is required if you plan to compete at any level, including MASA’s Metro Race Series.
The following are required for entry onto the ice. Please bring them with you:
- Bicycle or skating helmet.
- Neck Guard.
- Light jacket, long sleeve shirt, or skinsuit.
- Spandex/stretchy pants/yoga pants/tight sweatpants (no jeans, nothing baggy!), or skinsuit.
- Socks at minimum, cut-proof ankle guards recommended.
- Knee pads.
*Please defer to membership paperwork in case of any discrepancy.