- All skaters must join FMSSC after the 4th session. Please inform us if this is an inconvenience.
- All skaters must join US Speedskating (USS) for insurance purposes.
- First time or trial skaters see information below about $1/day USS day pass.
- All skaters must join the Middle Atlantic Speedskating Association (MASA), the parent association for insurance purposes. First year is free.
In order to make the most of the session, we need to be ready to put the mats on as soon as the Zamboni is done and get them off timely at the end of the session. This will require all to help. Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to help with moving mats, obtaining your skates and/or help with paperwork. If you arrive late, we may not be able to help you as we want to be on the ice and skate too!
- 1st time skaters one free session (for those who are new to skating).
- 2nd and 3rd time $25 per session for adults, $20 per session for Juniors (17 and under).
- 4th Time skaters must become members.
- Our Season Membership Plans are:
- Adult = $900 (2 sessions a week) / $650 (1 session a week)
- Junior (17 & under) = $600 (2 sessions a week.) / $450 (1 session week)
For the 2014-2015 season we had to increase club dues due to the additional sessions and ice cost. Speak with Carole Moore or Glenn Corso for further details.
Fees for US Speedskating are:
$10 for temporary 2 month trial membership; OR $30 for full 1st year competing membership; OR $75 for returning competing member. Competing membership is required if you plan to participate in the Metro race series or compete at any level. Trial membership is only good for two (2) months and will not be usable for ANY competitions.
For a first time, try it out, there is a $1/day USS pass which may be used up to 5 times. This is $1 each time and a new form each time. The forms may be found here.
Come try it out.
Flushing Meadows Speed Skating Club offers short track coaching at all levels, beginners through national-class racers. Even if you have limited skating experience, but are interested in trying the fastest aspect of the sport, come down and give it a try. We have a limited number of pairs of speed skates to lend out to first-timers. If you will need skates, please show up early. There is paperwork to fill out and it takes time to make sure we get a pair of skates that fit reasonably well. We want to skate too, so if there are too many who show up late, we will ask that you return on the next practice day.
Clothing/attire and equipment you should bring with you.
- Bicycle helmet.
- Light jacket.
- Neck Guard.
- Spandex or stretchy pants. No jeans or baggy pants please.
- A variety of socks to get the best fit with our loaner skates.
- Knee pads, Volleyball slip overs, or equivalent. The soft type work best.
- Light gloves.